Monday, May 13, 2013

I can't remember

I can't remember your phone number or how many times I called you in the middle of the night. I can't remember how many tears your shirt soaked up or how many times you told me it would all end up okay but I do remember thinking how lucky I was to have you there for me anytime I needed you.

I can't remember how many hours we spent in your car or how many days I watched you working in your garage. I can't remember any of the things you tried to explain to me or what most of those parts were called but I do remember falling in love with you and your passion.

I remember how beautiful you make me feel, even if I can't remember how many times you told me or all of the times you said you wanted me.

I can’t remember the names of all the girls who came before me but I remember hearing about them and laughing that they missed out on you. I remember thinking all of them were idiots and wondering why you ever thought they were worth your time. I also remember realizing that was the first time I was ever jealous.

I can’t remember exactly why I thought I could ever live without you, or how I ever wanted you to leave. I can’t remember why I cared what other people were thinking and saying about us and I don’t even remember what they were saying anymore. But I do remember the day I decided that I wanted you for eternity.
I can’t remember a lot of the details of how it happened, but I remember that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment