Sunday, May 5, 2013

Just throw them away



I sometimes can't figure out which piece 'b' is to attach it to piece 'a'. When the computer gives me steps to follow I generally get lost and directions on a road map were never my forte. I don't use recipes and I think that I could tell you the proper way to tie a tie.




I tie my shoes wrong according to my dad and I still can't fold a fitted sheet nicely. I know they did teach me how to make a capital E in cursive and I could probably do that before I could parallel park. I knew every step to the quadratic equation once and I forgot the rules to name things in chemistry before that.

I didn't bother to read the operators manual when I got my phone and I stopped listening when they told me which fork to use first. I thought about double checking the rules for baseball and probably missed class the day the taught us ultimate Frisbee.

People keep telling me all of those rules will matter to me someday. That when I need to make a loaf of bread someday I'll want a recipe or that when my mother in-law stays the night years from now I will wish my sheets looked nicer but I never liked being told what to do and I don't think you need to do it the right way as long as you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment