Monday, February 25, 2013

I Ain't Never Afraid. Said the Liar. Maybe.

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world and there is still going to be someone who hates peaches." Dita Von Tesse

"Potential. Once you're dead, it's gone. Over. You've made what you've made, dreamed your dream, written your name. You may be buried here, you may even walk. But that potential is finished.” -Neil Gaiman






I'm afraid of lots of things.
I'm afraid of losing people.
I'm afraid of them leaving for bigger and better things.
I'm afraid of misplacing them.

 I'm afraid of not knowing why.
and scared to ask for a reason.

 I'm afraid of blood too,
but not my own.

 I'm afraid to drive in the snow.
 I'm afraid to drive in that car.
 I'm afraid to drive with him.
 I might be afraid to drive at all.

 I'm afraid to go to the movies alone.

 I'm afraid of doctors, but not really,
 I'm more afraid of what they say.
I'm afraid of "we don't know whats wrong"s
and "I'm sorry you have"s.

 I'm afraid to go on a mission.
 I'm afraid of not knowing what else to do.

 Mostly though, I'm just afraid of ants.
 Just the thought makes it hard to breath.

 I'm afraid to be like my mother.
 I'm afraid not to be like my daddy.

 I'm afraid that I'll never be able to stick with one handwriting.
 I'm afraid the FBI wouldn't be able to know it was me writing.

 I'm afraid of those pills.
 I'm afraid of scales.
 I'm afraid of what they both meant once.
 I'm afraid of how much they still matter.

 I'm afraid I'll never like myself,
 not like Katie does,
 not even like my mom does.

 I'm afraid to decide wrong.
 I'm afraid to decide too late.
 I'm afraid not to decide.

 I'm afraid of how empty the dark is now.
 I'm afraid you'll stop loving me too.
 I'm afraid I'll forget what you smell like.

 I'm afraid not to ever matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment