Monday, March 25, 2013

Honest would frighten you






You told me that of course Santa was real, and that there was no such thing as monsters. And when I learned, I asked you why you lied?  I told you those lies because honest ones would frighten you darling.

She told me that I was still her best friend, even if we were far apart, only when I went out there I met that stranger filling my role. I told you that you had that role because the honest one would frighten you, sweet heart.

He told me that he was never leaving, he would be the first one to stay with me my whole life. I never got to ask him why he told me that, knowing it wasn't true, because he disappeared without a word, but I never questioned it. He told me because, you never would have trusted my promises if I didn't, the honest ones would have frightened you a way m'lady.

It wasn't ever as important as I made it out to seem, I wasn't as afraid as I probably should have been and when I took my medicine on time it hardly even hurt but when you wanted to badly to help me get better I let you think you were. It wasn't that I needed you but I gave you a new level of importance when your honest one would frighten you daddy.

All those lies we tell, all the hurt we cause, all of the mistrust and none of it makes any sense except for that we think the honest ones would hurt too bad for us to face and we are all afraid to be hurt.

1 comment: