Sunday, March 17, 2013

Maybe there is a reason we are all alone

She sat in my car and asked me if I believed in soul mates, then went on to tell me about the someone she dreamed of for years. Someone was tall and skinny with nice dark hair and pretty blue eyes and she wanted to marry Someone. She told me Someone was all she ever wanted and she was so afraid that she would never find Someone. She slept with a blond stranger that night though and I couldn't help but wonder if Someone would want her if they found each other.

`


He told me that he believed there was a Someone out there for him, that it was just a matter of time. He was sure if he just kept looking for Someone that they would find each other when the time was right. Someone would be loyal and he would take care of Someone forever. I never understood how he thought he would find Someone if he kept going back to him ex-girlfriend, when he knew she wasn't Someone.





Every time she broke up with the next boy in line, she would come crying to me that she would pick Someone who would treat her better next time. Someone wouldn't play on her insecurities and Someone would understand her. Someone would be better for her. She would be happy with someone, if she would stop picking the type of boy that she knew was no good for her.



We all talk about our ideal Someone and say that they will come in and fix everything but I can't help but wonder why Someone would want to be with any of us. Someone is so perfect. Someone would never lie or cheat or leave, so why would Someone want to be with us when we do all of those things. Someone is better off staying nameless and far away. Maybe Someone decided that we didn't deserve to have anything more than the idea of Someone.

5 comments:

  1. "I couldn't help but wonder if Someone would want her if they found each other."

    Stealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have anything more than the idea of Someone.
    i like the idea of that

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm someone and you're someone, so why does it have to be a specific someone. i'm still waiting for someone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love you. I mean it.
    My heart broke a little reading this

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled over your blog for the first time. I cant believe what i've been missing! you are fantastic

    ReplyDelete